"Reactor PC" liquid submersion high performance PC

MonsterMawd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
A visit to Hardcore Computer's headquarters to see the first consumer total liquid submersion, oil cooling, and high performance gaming PC up close
[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/or4F4KfgUOU&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
$4500 for a basic model!!!
And in a years time i'll build a PC for half or a quarter of that price which will be just as good.
If you have the money to burn why not but for 99.9% of users it's just a way to lose a large amount of money fast.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
The thing about a high-end boutique system like this is that many people buying them are also the same people returning to buy the next new one next year or so. They have the expendible income. The only real way you lose on a system like this is if you put it on credit. Yes, you can build almost the same config for a fraction of that cost, but the concept is that its a centerpiece for conversation and ambiance along with being a great performer.

MonsterMawd

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Having a proprietary base system will make it difficult to tap into the pc enthusiast & builder market. I told them they need to expand their product line to pc builders, especially the 4x120mm aluminum radiator design for watercoolers.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I see the need to have the radiator made of aluminum in their case; the thing looks like it weighs a metric ton as it is. However, as far as performance goes, copper is a far better heat conductor than aluminum.