READ: ANTAC PSU CONFLICT WITH DS3 !!!

piggykiller

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
Hi there,

I'm using a DS3-E6300 setup with 1GB Corsair XMS. Bios-F6.

I tried to overclock the pc following the guidelines from wusy guides. On 1 try, the video went out after displaying "bootblock" and the comp just keep restarting without going into bios. Till now it is still restarting and restarting.

Can anyone please help?

piggykiller

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
Guys... Please help... Have been refreshing the forum for even 1 reply...

Nothing is responsive, no video out, keyboard is dead, no bios. Should I send it back to gigabyte asap?

piggykiller

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2006
Hi to all!

Thanks for the little help rendered during my crisis. I had to swap my DS3 for a new one as the Bios has been corrupted. Jumper trick or reverse battery trick does not work.

Whats suprising though is I found out I am not the only person who returned the board with or without bios upgrade.

Apparently, there is a compatibility issue with Antac PSU and Gigabyte DS3 boards. According to the distributor, there are people turning in to exchange for a new board everyday and all users are using Antac PSU.

(I'm using an Antac True Power 2.0 480W)

Its not confirmed, but the Antac PSU has a lower than required Vcore Amphere efficiency, causing the DS3 to malfunction. I have since switched to a Cooler Master Real Power 550W and everything has been good with reference to stability after OC.

All who intends to get the PSU please be advised. Cheers.

derek2006

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
Do u mean antec PSU? This sucks if its true I have a DS3 and Antec trupower 550. It's been running 4 days now since I built it. Am I going to have problems?

Marz71

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2006
I just ordered the gigabyte S3 with an Antec TP 550w PSU for my new build.....and then I read this.

So you're telling me that I'm going to have problems already? I wish I would've seen this post before I placed my order. :cry:

Sunburn

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2004
I just ordered the gigabyte S3 with an Antec TP 550w PSU for my new build.....and then I read this.

So you're telling me that I'm going to have problems already? I wish I would've seen this post before I placed my order. :cry:
Haha, you wish you were me.

You might be lucky and not experience a problem, like that other guy in the thread. Or you will have a problem, and have the stuff replaced. Dad wasn't being cheap when he said: keep your receipt!