Really high GPU temps.

Marvin1415

Honorable
Sep 4, 2015
Hello everyone, since yesterday my GPU temps while playing Dota 2 have been reaching 75-80C, two or three days ago my GPU's temp was 35C while playing Dota 2 since yesterday my GPU is giving me really high temps but my CPU is in the 40s, could it be my GPU using more then my CPU? really need help. I've cleaned my PC yesterday and have done a malware scan nothing seems to fix it.

piscopt

Honorable
Apr 7, 2015
Unfortunately I can't remember anything that might help. You could have a botminer, but you say you don't have anything out of the ordinary running in the background, you don't have a fan failure, so... Sorry

Reaper_7799

Distinguished
Double check to make sure the fans are actually working, you can hear them when it's at full load? Maybe try to pull the card out and put it back in and see if it does anything. Then download msi afterburner and set a custom fan speed and see if that makes any difference. How old is the card and is it dusty around the fan area, does it spin easily if you manually spin it?

It does seem a little high for a 750, a lot I see in the 60C range under full load. If it was bought in 2013, it could need thermal paste reapplied.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/msi-afterburner-beta-download.html