Question Realtek 8822CE crashes my Wifi Router

Why is it that the Realtek wifi card in my laptop is crashing my whole Wifi 5Ghz band?
This happens when I put router channel in Auto Mode and not manually selected. If it is manually selected then there seems to be no issue whatsoever.
All power saver options are turned off in adapter properties.
When this happens my Router stops broadcasting over 5Ghz and none of the devices detect the SSID of Router.

I also have a Intel Wifi card in my desktop which works like a charm.

Realtek card model is: Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
Router is TP-Link Archer C6 V2.0 (Also checked with another router, same issue).
Laptop is a new Asus TUF FX505DT-BQ596T

Reactions: xenthia

xenthia

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2012
Why is it that the Realtek wifi card in my laptop is crashing my whole Wifi 5Ghz band?
This happens when I put router channel in Auto Mode and not manually selected. If it is manually selected then there seems to be no issue whatsoever.
All power saver options are turned off in adapter properties.
When this happens my Router stops broadcasting over 5Ghz and none of the devices detect the SSID of Router.

I also have a Intel Wifi card in my desktop which works like a charm.

Realtek card model is: Realtek 8822CE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC
Router is TP-Link Archer C6 V2.0 (Also checked with another router, same issue).
Laptop is a new Asus TUF FX505DT-BQ596T
Well my friend as amazing and as a curious case as this maybe why not set the thing to 5GHz manually instead of the auto band detection and let it be happy?