Realtek HD Audio Manager missing Advanced Settings

electricfirebolt

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2012
I have an Asrock X299 Taichi XE Motherboard with Realtek on-board sound however my issue is that the "advanced settings" are not showing up, it's missing. I've tried installing different drivers to no avail, from the realtek website, to asrock website to microsoft muc. I've been uninstalling the drivers both by device manager and driver sweeper. Nothing I'm doing seems to be working, All I have is a folder icon with the option to disable front panel jack detection. I need advanced settings as I'd like to assign audio jacks.

Any ideas what the issue is, I've spent hours trying to figure it out and other people that's posted online haven't really found a solution.

Solution
I have the exact same issue with mobo X370 Taichi. This motherboard also has "Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec".
I keep my old drivers for years so I have been able to try several of them, no fix found.

I remember I have had the option in the past but it wasn't inside "advanced settings" like windows 7 images/videos on the web show, it was a checkbox that was alongside the "disable front panel jack detection" checkbox inside the "connector settings" dialog that pops when you click the folder icon.
I'm running the latest bios (4.8), I can't go back to older bios because stability concerns but I'm sure I never tested the functionality with this bios version. So maybe that is what made the difference. If you can test older/newer bios versions...

DarkEngine

Reputable
Oct 9, 2015
Audio Manager has to be started right when you turn on the Computer. If it is restricted from Auto-startup then you may face problems
Step 1: open Task Manager.
Step 2: Choose the Startup tab from top Menu.
Step 3: If the Auto-Startup status of Realtek HD Audio Manager is Disabled, you’ll be able to Enable it by right-click on it and choose Enable.
Update bios. I know of numerous issues related to yours that I have not solved. One instance I recommended complete Windows Install.
There is a tool available from Microsoft that will help you fix Windows 10 problems and issues. Called the Windows Software Repair Tool it is available as a stand-alone application from the Microsoft servers.

bartman1c

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I have the exact same issue with mobo X370 Taichi. This motherboard also has "Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec".
I keep my old drivers for years so I have been able to try several of them, no fix found.

I remember I have had the option in the past but it wasn't inside "advanced settings" like windows 7 images/videos on the web show, it was a checkbox that was alongside the "disable front panel jack detection" checkbox inside the "connector settings" dialog that pops when you click the folder icon.
I'm running the latest bios (4.8), I can't go back to older bios because stability concerns but I'm sure I never tested the functionality with this bios version. So maybe that is what made the difference. If you can test older/newer bios versions you could try that. Please let me know if you find a fix.

Solution
Aug 26, 2018
Go to Asus' page and get the Crosshair VII Hero Audio drivers, Version 6.0.1.8339.
Be warned that these drivers will not work at all with Asrock Polychrome's "Music". I have no idea why. Someone please open source some decent drivers for Asrock Polychrome!