Reboot and select proper Boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot device

Sanic

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
I am getting error message: "Reboot and select proper Boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

Keyboard is not working (it worked before I changed boot order) so I can't enter BIOS nor press any key at the above screen even know I have the windows disk in the CD player. I tried multiple ports and tried another keyboard too, didn't work.

When I did have windows working I may have enabled fast boot, I don't know if that messed anything up.

I changed my boot order to SSD 1st then cd/dvd player then the rest.

What makes me mad is I had everything working fine in windows 10, I was just installing drivers from cd for everything and then I fell down this gauntlet of problems once I added the HDD using device manager and reset the computer.

My build:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Dt3M99

Sanic

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2010
ok, so I unplugged my SSD and powered on the computer and guess what, the keyboard now works so I can enter BIOS. I changed the boot order to load from cd/dvd 1st and not from the SSD I had originally changed it too. But why would having a SSD plugged in disable keyboard before BIOS?