[SOLVED] Recently got my computer performance decreased

Apr 16, 2020
Recently the new update got me playing 150/200 fps but sometimes I get 100 while I’m turning around a corner or just look at something that I didn’t look before. I don’t know if I should upgrade any hardware in my computer or just wait for any cs update, need your opinion!

My specs:
-Intel core i3 7100 @3.9Ghz
-Msi GTX 1050 2g oc
-8GB RAM

Solution
The cs go update forces everyones shaders to go high, even on low, so everything is so bright and I get those frames inconsistency.
And if you get around 200 down to 100 fps and it dips I'd recommend going into your settings and turning on "Wait for vertical sync" or "Wait for display refresh" or "Vsync" make sure that's on, that will sync you gpu with you monitor so you shouldn't have that frame inconsistency.
I'd recommend turning down graphical settings like shadows, they don't make too big of a difference with visual detail but can really boost performance. Also what you could do is get a program like hwmonitor and have it on while you play a game and see what the temps are...
the maximum temperature for your cpu is 100c which while gaming it should stay below 80c just to be safe...
and for your gpu, your temperature will probably go up to 60-70c if it's demanding. it's max temp is 97c but it should stay below 80c. Your fps could also be caused by background tasks etc I'd recommend clearing up space on your pc and removing any applications you no longer use.
And also see on a monitoring program like hwmonitor, what your ram usage is. It really shouldn't be much higher than 80% at most while gaming.

Reactions: Miguel Portugal
Apr 16, 2020
I'd recommend turning down graphical settings like shadows, they don't make too big of a difference with visual detail but can really boost performance. Also what you could do is get a program like hwmonitor and have it on while you play a game and see what the temps are...
the maximum temperature for your cpu is 100c which while gaming it should stay below 80c just to be safe...
and for your gpu, your temperature will probably go up to 60-70c if it's demanding. it's max temp is 97c but it should stay below 80c.
I actually already did that, while I was playing, there were no visual spikes on the graphic and I was playing with the cpu at 80% at 55ºC and my GPU 30/40% and 40ºC. Playing everything on low 4:3.

I actually already did that, while I was playing, there were no visual spikes on the graphic and I was playing with the cpu at 80% at 55ºC and my GPU 30/40% and 40ºC. Playing everything on low 4:3.
what was your memory usage / ram usage? It might be worth it to use a program like memreduct as it can reduce cpu usage / memory usage. As It seems that the game has updated which is most likely the root of your issue. I have a question do you know the hz of your monitor?

Reactions: Miguel Portugal
The cs go update forces everyones shaders to go high, even on low, so everything is so bright and I get those frames inconsistency.
And if you get around 200 down to 100 fps and it dips I'd recommend going into your settings and turning on "Wait for vertical sync" or "Wait for display refresh" or "Vsync" make sure that's on, that will sync you gpu with you monitor so you shouldn't have that frame inconsistency.

Solution