Question Recently upgraded PC won't boot ?

Sep 12, 2024
Hello I'm new here and tried looking for solutions through online which includes this forum but still not able to fix the issue of my pc not starting.

Current Build:
CPU: I7 4770
MOBO: Asus H97 Pro Gamer
RAM: KVR 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600 MHzx 2, Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1800 MHz
GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti
PSU: Corsair CV750
Storage: Kingston Digital 256GB KC400 SSD
GALAX GAMER 500GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB HDD
WD Blue 2TB HDD

Before upgrades:
CPU: Xeon 1281 V3
RAM: KVR 8GB DDR3 800 MHz, KVR 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz, Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1800 MHz
GPU: GTX 980 Ti FE (Founder's Edition)
PSU: Cooler Master G550M
Storage: Kingston Digital 256GB KC400 SSD
GALAX GAMER 500GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB HDD
WD Blue 2TB HDD

Situation: I've recently upgraded my pc since my friend upgraded his pc and gave me 2 ram sticks and psu + gpu, At first my system booted but when i already reinstalled the gpu driver my pc kept crashing when i tried gaming. I decided to try to use DDU software for a clean install, but during the process I set my pc to safe boot on next reboot, after shutting down and turning it on again my pc didn't boot to bios anymore. The display just stayed on black screen and CPU and DRAM LED indicators kept flashing alternatively.

I sold my GTX 980 Ti FE and bought a XEON 1281 V3 and my system still wouldn't boot. And I even tried putting my i7 4770 in MSI B85-G43 Gaming along with the two gpus (gtx 1080ti & 980ti alternatively testing to see if my system runs but it didn't, will test with the Xeon CPU later) Need help really appreciate any advise to solve this issue, I live in south east asia and not yet able to go to the latest gen PC.

Lutfij

Titan
RAM: KVR 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz, Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600 MHzx 2, Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1800
I would stop mixing and matching the rams. Work with a matched set/dual channel ram kit. In fact yu should work with the `1600MHz ram kit your friend gave you.

PSU: Corsair CV750
+
gave me 2 ram sticks and psu + gpu
How old is the PSU?

CPU: I7 4770

Did you make sure the BIOS was on the latest version prior to upgrading the processor? Also, did you verify that the socket doesn't have any bent or broken pins?

What OS are you working with? You should still be able to use the iGPU without the discrete GPU since the i7-4770 has an iGPU though just an FYI, if you're trying to work with Windows 10, the OS tends to download chipset drivers it thinks is right for your platform and is what causes the BSoD's. I literally retired my 4th Gen Intel platform in April since I got tired of troubleshooting the issue.