[SOLVED] Recently went to clean my PC and now my Destiny 2 and other games have had significant FPS drops.

Aug 10, 2020
I recently went to clean my PC and now my PC has had significant FPS Drops in all games i play especially League and Destiny 2. My PC Temps are fine and I have no clue how to overclock but everytime ive tried its lagged. For instance,I tried to overclock my RAM from 2666 to 3000 and my pc just lagged insanely hard everytime i booted it so i had to revert it. I usually get like 120fps with medium high settings in Destiny 2 and 180 FPS in League. I did disturb the thermal paste of the cpu when i cleaned it but I dont believe i have ruined it because i only touched the sides and i havent replaced the thermal paste in a year. If there is anything I can do with my AMD software pls lmk I would really appreciate help because I have an inhouse tournament to participate in in about a week.
Specs:
Rx 590
Amd Ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7Ghz
16 GB DDR4 @ 2666 mhz
ASRock B450M Pro4-CB

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
What specific actions/things did you do with respect to "cleaning" your PC?

Set overclocking aside for the moment and go back to the original configurations.

Run Task Manager and Resource Monitor (run both but only one at a time) to observe system performance.

First while system is idle, second while doing light work/browsing, and third - while gaming (non-competitively) in order to determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and by what.

What PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Ralston18

Titan
What specific actions/things did you do with respect to "cleaning" your PC?

Set overclocking aside for the moment and go back to the original configurations.

Run Task Manager and Resource Monitor (run both but only one at a time) to observe system performance.

First while system is idle, second while doing light work/browsing, and third - while gaming (non-competitively) in order to determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and by what.

What PSU is installed: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Solution