Question Recommend Me a Monitor - Sub £1000

ThundyUK

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Hi everyone,

I bet there are so many of these around now people are sick of it but the market is so saturated and I haven't bought a panel since my BenQ eSports 144hz TN panel like ten years or so back I'm completely out of date despite watching endless reviews and unboxing videos.

What I'm after is something 27" to 32" (32 is a bit big, wish there was a 29") with the following in list of priroity:

0>16:9 format, no ultrawides etc
1> Colour accuracy and crispness of image (as i am partially sighted)
2> Refresh rate 144hz or more
3> Highly adjustable stand (most important vertically at least six inches of adjustable height on a slider)
4> Viewing angles
5> Ease of use
6> Inputs (hopefully at least 3 as I have a gaming PC, working PC, and a work laptop).
7> Cost - anything up to a £1000 is fine, not bought one for ten years may as well splash out.

The new OLED panels are looking really nice, but I understand there may be some burn in issues with them? It's a lot of money for something that sounds like it could end up knackered quite fast.

Anyone got any boss recommendations? :) Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

ThundyUK

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Yeh that's why I really wish 29" was a thing. That, and 16:10. I really miss that aspect ratio - I've still got a Hanns-G 28" 16:10 that looks great.

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
Once you've seen OLED, particularly for gaming, nothing else compares. Get one, just make sure it has a reasonably good burn in warranty - you won't regret it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Had a chance to see the LG OLED in person the other day. It looks impressive. A good option if you like to keep your monitors dim. But if you want brightness all the time a traditional LCD is probably a better choice.

I would probably take one of these.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/WWcG3C/lg-27gp850-b-270-2560x1440-165-hz-monitor-27gp850-b

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/TxddnQ/gigabyte-m27q-x-270-2560-x-1440-240-hz-monitor-m27q-x

On the QD-OLED some of the reviews for the 1440p panel mentioned the color fringing on text was pretty noticeable. I think I would pass on that. Even pretty noticeable to me on my 32" 4K Samsung QD-OLED TV, though it is quite a bit older.