Question Recommendation for new laptop (mainly for Graphic Design work)

May 5, 2022
Hi,

I was looking to get some laptop recommendations which I will mainly be using for graphic design work but also for things like computer 3D animation software (such as Blender)?

Ideally, I am aiming for a 15.6 inch screen as a 17.3 inch will be too big for me as I currently have an HP laptop with a 17.3 inch screen. I purchased this laptop 6 years ago therefore I consider this to be a bit "old" :D now and also I've noticed the display flickers every now and then.

After looking online, Dell and Lenovo seem to have the ones I am looking for but just wondering if there is anything else out there that would be better suited for me? My budget is £1000 - £2000.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Pleas stylize your thread's initial post or followup post with info as requested in this thread;

HP have a number of laptops in their portfolio so it's be a good idea if you included the SKU/model to your existing laptop for us to understand what you've been working with. A list of all the app's you intend to tax the new laptop purchase with would also aid in suggestions for laptops.

May 5, 2022
1. What is your budget?
£1000 - £2000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6-inch screen ideally

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Atleast 1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Open to both

5. How much battery life do you need?
6 - 10 hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Graphic Design work, Computer 3D animation

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Up to 1 TB

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
N/A

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
For another 5 to 6 years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Do not require one

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Prefer Dell and HP but also open to other brands out there

13. What country do you live in?
England

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Existing laptop model/SKU: HP Pavilion Notebook F1D70EA#ABU