Question Recommendations for cheap, shielded 2.1 PC speakers ?

Titler

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2009
I'm currently using the Creative Pebble v3, 2.1 Speakers (Subwoof, Satellites) and they constantly buzz when the monitor is being scrolled, especially on white pages. Much fiddling indicates they're getting interference from somewhere else; PSU has been replaced, so it's either the monitor, or something on the motherboard maybe. I've done a like for like (New Pebbles) replacement and that didn't fix the issue, but testing some cheap second hand shielded speakers removed the buzz, so I'm pretty sure it's the lack of shielding on the Creative Pebbles thats the issue. Sadly the second hand speakers were otherwise bobbins, so I think the best way forward is to find some good, shielded, but relatively cheap 2.1 PC speakers. Shopping in the UK, so what would people recommend. Budget under £100, let's say, but the cheaper the better. Sound quality around the Pebbles is good enough.

Ralston18

Titan
Perhaps a ground or audio loop of some sort....

Take a closer look at all connected devices: computer, monitor, speakers, surge protectors, sound bars, network cables, power connections.

Sketch it all out and look for any sort of potential loop.

A connected to B, B connected to C, Connected to D, D connected to A. Any such path or paths at all.