Recycle bin does not show any files that i have deleted, i need to restore
them. When i go to empty recycle bin it asks if i want to delete these 10
items, but nothing is shown. I really need to find these 10 files and
restore them. Any clues?

I really hope that the answer is this simple. When I right-click on the
icon, I get the message you do, without any file names. When I double-click
on the icon I get the list of filenames.

"jedl" <jedl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recycle bin does not show any files that i have deleted, i need to restore
> them. When i go to empty recycle bin it asks if i want to delete these 10
> items, but nothing is shown. I really need to find these 10 files and
> restore them. Any clues?

Take a look at a few of the suggestions in this thread
http://help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t35521.html

"jedl" <jedl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recycle bin does not show any files that i have deleted, i need to restore
> them. When i go to empty recycle bin it asks if i want to delete these 10
> items, but nothing is shown. I really need to find these 10 files and
> restore them. Any clues?

right click on the recycle bin icon, then properties it will show you a
dialog box. if the "do not remove the files to the recycle bin" has a check
mark, uncheck the box. all your deleted files will go to recycle bin now.

"BudV" wrote:

> I really hope that the answer is this simple. When I right-click on the
> icon, I get the message you do, without any file names. When I double-click
> on the icon I get the list of filenames.
>

> "jedl" <jedl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recycle bin does not show any files that i have deleted, i need to restore
> > them. When i go to empty recycle bin it asks if i want to delete these 10
> > items, but nothing is shown. I really need to find these 10 files and
> > restore them. Any clues?

Assuming that the Recycle Bin is enabled: Usually the problem that you wrote about is
caused by file corruption. The simple fix is: Delete a file, just to make sure that
there is a file in the Recycle Bin. Then, with the Recycle Bin CLOSED, right click the
Recycle Bin DESKTOP icon, then left click on Empty Recycle Bin. Then reboot your system.
Of course you will lose any files that are in the Recycle Bin by doing the above. But,
any file deleted after doing the above should then be listed when the Recycle Bin is
opened.
--

T.C.
t__cruise@[NoSpam]hotmail.com

"Rich Barry" <rbarrynot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Take a look at a few of the suggestions in this thread
> http://help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t35521.html
>

> "jedl" <jedl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Recycle bin does not show any files that i have deleted, i need to restore
> > them. When i go to empty recycle bin it asks if i want to delete these 10
> > items, but nothing is shown. I really need to find these 10 files and
> > restore them. Any clues?

i dont know if your recycle bin was enabled, open the explorer then right
click on the recycle bin icon then click properties, check the recycle bin if
it is enabled or not... do not use <shift> + <delete> when deleting files,
using this will delete any files permanently.

or if you want to recover deleted files, use a third party program that can
undelete those deleted files like "recover my files" utility.