RECYCLER

What exactly is the RECYCLER folder for?

Thanks

map

"Patrick Weaver" wrote:

> What exactly is the RECYCLER folder for?
>
> Thanks

Your recycle bin.

I figured that. But why have two in explorer? Has it been there since 95 and
I just missed it?

"MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Patrick Weaver" wrote:
>
>> What exactly is the RECYCLER folder for?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Your recycle bin.

map

"Patrick Weaver" wrote:

> I figured that. But why have two in explorer? Has it been there since 95 and
> I just missed it?
>
> "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Patrick Weaver" wrote:
> >
> >> What exactly is the RECYCLER folder for?
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>

> > Your recycle bin.

Do you have more than 1 drive?
each drive will have it's own folder.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptrecycler.asp

Sorry. I meant why do i see the RECYCLER folder AND the Recycle Bin in
Explorer. Seem like one instance of the trash can would be enough.

> "Patrick Weaver" wrote:
>
>> I figured that. But why have two in explorer? Has it been there since 95
>> and
>> I just missed it?
>>
>> "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Your recycle bin.
>>

> Do you have more than 1 drive?
> each drive will have it's own folder.
>
> http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptrecycler.asp

They are different views, much like My Documents which appears at the top of
the directory tree in the left pane in windows explorer and then appears
again when you expand drive C:/Documents and Settings/User etc.

"Patrick Weaver" <pweaver@ljbinc.com> wrote in message
> Sorry. I meant why do i see the RECYCLER folder AND the Recycle Bin in
> Explorer. Seem like one instance of the trash can would be enough.
>

> "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>> "Patrick Weaver" wrote:
>>
>>> I figured that. But why have two in explorer? Has it been there since 95
>>> and
>>> I just missed it?
>>>
>>> "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> Do you have more than 1 drive?
>> each drive will have it's own folder.
>>
>> http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptrecycler.asp

Check the following Knowledge Base Article for an explanation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q171694/

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:44:12 -0500, Patrick Weaver wrote:

> I figured that. But why have two in explorer? Has it been there since 95 and
> I just missed it?

Yes. Win9x/ME had a recycled folder that corresponded to the Recycle Bin.
Normally the folder is hidden. If you've changed your view in Folder
Options, then you will see the folder.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

TA-DAAA!

That's exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks Michael!

> Check the following Knowledge Base Article for an explanation:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q171694/
>
> --
> Michael Solomon MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
> Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
> DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
>
> "Patrick Weaver" <pweaver@ljbinc.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry. I meant why do i see the RECYCLER folder AND the Recycle Bin in
>> Explorer. Seem like one instance of the trash can would be enough.
>>

>> "MAP" <MAP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Do you have more than 1 drive?
>>> each drive will have it's own folder.
>>>
>>> http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptrecycler.asp