Question Red light - CPU no post x570 AMD

edoroom

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask if anyone have maybe anything to tryout that I might have missed..
(I checked the whole forum here with plenty of other users who had same issue but in the end solved it out..)

Specs -
ASUS Strix X570 F Gaming
Ryzen 9 5950X
Sapphire Nitro 6900XT
16x2 G.Skill TridentZ Neo 4000mhz

Invested alot on that PC,I built it for my brother and all went well,He had it running since June 2021
And how the problem started?
He finished watching youtube video and shutdown the PC and then he forgot something to do so he turned it on again but.... No post anymore just black screen..
He gave it to me and I tried to troubleshoot it in anyway possible...
(CPU Red light on the motherboard)

I tried run it with just one stick of memory,tried switching them,Other PSU..Without GPU..Clear CMOS,Updating the bios with usb using bios flashback...
Tried really anything I could think of..
I really cant understand how just suddenly it happened,What might have happened?

I took of the whole motherboard from the case and really breaking my head to understand what happened..
Putting the finger on the CPU when it's starting I feel it warming up and hot and then I turn off of course.. (Feeling it hot probably means it's working?)
I took of the CPU checked for any bents (Which of course is doubtful when it's new rig but still checked.. and all looks well same with the socket)

https://i.ibb.co/BgZ1yj9/d6a96ed6-48c2-4d60-a44b-a1506987a693.jpg

edoroom

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014
Looks like you haven't filled the power slots above the CPU.
No no I did,In the picture is when I tried just the 8pin without the extra 4 pin there.. It's on of my other tries.. ;(
If no power to the CPU it would give the red light near the slot on the left..But that red light is during the boot coming up.. :\

Britishblue

Prominent
Sep 14, 2021
Hi everyone,
I would like to ask if anyone have maybe anything to tryout that I might have missed..
(I checked the whole forum here with plenty of other users who had same issue but in the end solved it out..)

Specs -
ASUS Strix X570 F Gaming
Ryzen 9 5950X
Sapphire Nitro 6900XT
16x2 G.Skill TridentZ Neo 4000mhz

Invested alot on that PC,I built it for my brother and all went well,He had it running since June 2021
And how the problem started?
He finished watching youtube video and shutdown the PC and then he forgot something to do so he turned it on again but.... No post anymore just black screen..
He gave it to me and I tried to troubleshoot it in anyway possible...
(CPU Red light on the motherboard)

I tried run it with just one stick of memory,tried switching them,Other PSU..Without GPU..Clear CMOS,Updating the bios with usb using bios flashback...
Tried really anything I could think of..
I really cant understand how just suddenly it happened,What might have happened?

I took of the whole motherboard from the case and really breaking my head to understand what happened..
Putting the finger on the CPU when it's starting I feel it warming up and hot and then I turn off of course.. (Feeling it hot probably means it's working?)
I took of the CPU checked for any bents (Which of course is doubtful when it's new rig but still checked.. and all looks well same with the socket)

https://i.ibb.co/BgZ1yj9/d6a96ed6-48c2-4d60-a44b-a1506987a693.jpg
Probably a long shot, but I recently had a problem with my pc not booting. I did everything you have done, in the end I found out it was a ram slot. If you have not done it already try using just 1 ram stick, but in a different slot from before. Probably not it but thats all I got. Sorry

No no I did,In the picture is when I tried just the 8pin without the extra 4 pin there.. It's on of my other tries.. ;(
If no power to the CPU it would give the red light near the slot on the left..But that red light is during the boot coming up.. :\
I Googled your problem to see if there was a quick link to the motherboard's manual but saw this reddit right away with someone having the same issue.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/ffmgbg/asus_x570_egaming_mobo_has_red_light_top_left_and/

edoroom

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014
Thanks both for the help,
@Britishblue
I already tried any slot and even with ram sticks from my other pc and no luck.. I guess it's for sure or the CPU or Motherboard but have no clue how to locate it..

@jeremy
I also saw that reddit post ;-)
His issue as you can see was with the power slots to the CPU that wasnt connected properly (That's why he had his red light in the spot near the power slots..)
That's not my issue.. ;-(
My red light is from the 4 leds that showing the process of the boot..
Starting with the ram (yellow) and getting stuck on the CPU (red)
really have no clue what more to do ;/

Thanks both for the help,
@Britishblue
I already tried any slot and even with ram sticks from my other pc and no luck.. I guess it's for sure or the CPU or Motherboard but have no clue how to locate it..

@jeremy
I also saw that reddit post ;-)
His issue as you can see was with the power slots to the CPU that wasnt connected properly (That's why he had his red light in the spot near the power slots..)
That's not my issue.. ;-(
My red light is from the 4 leds that showing the process of the boot..
Starting with the ram (yellow) and getting stuck on the CPU (red)
really have no clue what more to do ;/
Do you know what BIOS version your motherboard is on? For the 5950X you need to be on version 2606 for Zen 3 support. If you aren't on that I think you can update your BIOS without the CPU installed.

edoroom

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2014
Do you know what BIOS version your motherboard is on? For the 5950X you need to be on version 2606 for Zen 3 support. If you aren't on that I think you can update your BIOS without the CPU installed.
If it was a new build it would make sense :)
But as this build work 3 months it's surely not related to the bios version..
Anyways as a try to troubleshoot I updated to the lastest version no affect..