Question Red light of death on motherboard and no display output

Aug 6, 2021
One morning, I used my PC normally for like an hour or two, and then I shut it down for around 10 hours. And on the same day, I pressed the power button. The fans were spinning, RGBs were turning on, but no display output and the red light of death showed up on my motherboard. I looked up what a red light on my motherboard meant on Google. And it says that it could be internal hardware is either plugged in incorrectly or not working. So I replugged everything I could; RAM, CPU, Storage drives, PSU cables, GPU, CPU cooler, and even the CMOS battery because I heard it could help with red light issues by resetting the BIOS. I even checked the monitor and the HDMI cable and it seemed to not be the problem. I am now really stuck because I don't know if it's a component that has gone bad or if something is just not plugged incorrectly. And I cannot troubleshoot each component because I don't have extra DDR3 sticks or a 4th gen Haswell motherboard lying around. Is there anything else I can do or check at this point?

Lutfij

Titan
We're going to need a little more information from your end. When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

As for your PSU, please include the age apart from it's make and model.

Aug 6, 2021
CPU: i7 4790
Motherboard: ASUS H87-PLUS Full ATX
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 4x4 DDR3 1600Hz
SSD/HDD: Kingston 120GB SATA 3/ 1TB WD Blue 7200 RPM
GPU: MSI RTX 3060 GAMING X 12GB
PSU: PRIME GX-750 | PSU 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular (bought it around September 2021 and am pretty sure it is a PSU release around September 2019)
Chassis: NZXT H510 ATX (non i)
Monitor: LG 24MP59G

Aug 6, 2021
Alright so I did exactly that, and there's still no display output. But the red light still persists, but only for a few seconds, and the red light turns off, unlike last time where the red light turns on the whole time after I press the power switch. So maybe you're onto something

Aug 6, 2021
Alright so I tried every RAM module and every RAM slot, and it turns out one faulty stick was the problem. I used the rest of the 3 modules and I got a display output. Thank you so much for your time, I can't believe one RAM stick was enough to give me a headache for 2 days :giggle:.

A2D3RS0N

Prominent
May 3, 2021
I never trust google answers, I would use your support manual https://manualzz.com/, and that faulty RAM could be saved, most ram modules fail due to dust under a memory unit on the module, try blowing air under each chip on the RAM module to see if you can save it. Always good to use a air compressor and air gun/ or air chuck, those can AIR don't have enough PSI to save some computer parts from dust.