Question Red light on motherboard

Mar 20, 2022
Hi there, I have an Msi pro b660m-a. Pc boots up fine, I have been using it for 2 or 3 days now with no problems or overheating issues. I only noticed today that there is a red light on my motherboard and the light indicates it is the CPU. Any suggestions what it could be? The max temps on my I5 12400 is at 65C while gaming and 35C on idle. I just don't want to re-seat the CPU if I don't have to. I also read that it could be from not plugging in a fan on the CPU fan connector on the motherboard but I am sure all those 3 or 4 pin case fan pins are all occupied.

Thank you for reading and thanks in advanced

Hi there, I have an Msi pro b660m-a. Pc boots up fine, I have been using it for 2 or 3 days now with no problems or overheating issues. I only noticed today that there is a red light on my motherboard and the light indicates it is the CPU. Any suggestions what it could be? The max temps on my I5 12400 is at 65C while gaming and 35C on idle. I just don't want to re-seat the CPU if I don't have to. I also read that it could be from not plugging in a fan on the CPU fan connector on the motherboard but I am sure all those 3 or 4 pin case fan pins are all occupied.

Thank you for reading and thanks in advanced
Update BIOS ?