Question Refurbished newegg RTX 2080?

johnsoner13

Respectable
I've been eyeing this RTX 2080 on newegg for a bit: https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...tx 2080&cm_re=rtx_2080-_-14-932-143-_-Product
The price is quite attractive but I noticed it's refurbished. The reviews (only four of them at the time of this posting) are pretty good but I've never bought refurbished GPUs from newegg, or at all actually. So my question is, anyone have any experience with buying refurbished GPUs from newegg and whether or not they're worth buying? Thanks. By the way, the page says there's a 90 day warranty but no refunds or returns.

WildCard999

Titan
Not experienced with buying refurb GPU's but the warranty/replacement would be done through Gigabyte, not Newegg.

Manufacturer Only Return Policy

This is our Manufacturer Only Return Policy. Items covered by this policy (those products for which Newegg states “This item is covered by Newegg’s Manufacturer Only Return Policy”) cannot be returned to Newegg. These items are covered by a manufacturer’s warranty. For information about the manufacturer’s warranty, please refer to the terms and conditions for the manufacturer’s warranty or contact the manufacturer. For a list of manufacturers by name and contact phone number, please click here.

https://kb.newegg.com/knowledge-base/return-policy/#82

Rainy113

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
I know this is late but I do not trust Newegg anymore at all. I thought they were a reputable company and didn't even know they sold from 3rd parties so I didn't think twice about ordering a GPU from them. I ordered a GTX1050Ti and got a GTS450 that was made to look like a 1050. At least they are taking it back and issuing full refund. This old lady has learned her lesson. Make sure you know who you're buying from.

johnsoner13

Respectable
I know this is late but I do not trust Newegg anymore at all. I thought they were a reputable company and didn't even know they sold from 3rd parties so I didn't think twice about ordering a GPU from them. I ordered a GTX1050Ti and got a GTS450 that was made to look like a 1050. At least they are taking it back and issuing full refund. This old lady has learned her lesson. Make sure you know who you're buying from.
Thanks for sharing. On the page of the product you’re buying it says whether or not Newegg is selling the item, sometimes it’s a different company but it will say on the page

Amazon also sells items from 3rd parties, I would not blame Newegg for this. You can also check on the reviews of the seller on the site, the ones that are shady have a lot of negative comments, wrong items sent, incomplete orders, taking a very long time to ship, issues with returns, etc...

Reactions: Rainy113

Rainy113

Prominent
Jul 13, 2020
Yes, good advice. I will be leaving a review for this seller. So I've come to see it wasn't Newegg's fault per se. I just think they should stop allowing sellers on their site that have ripped people off. Apparently this same seller has done it before. Totally my fault for not reading all the reviews, but Newegg should take some responsibility. They are making it right by a full refund though so I'm good.