Question Regarding the recent news about failure rates of 13th and 14th Gen.

Jul 13, 2024
Hello ya'll, I recently decided on making myself a PC finally and went with the 13600kf as a processor. I don't really game a lot and only really play GTA V from time to time, I moreso want to use this PC as a workstation for programming and stuff. Thought for this purpose going with an intel CPU might be more beneficial and the price of the 13600kf is very within my budget from local companies in Bulgaria.

Recently though I saw news came from Wendel and GN that the 13th/14th 900 and 700 processors and have been struggling. I've heard people saying to stay away from 13th/14th as a whole because of it. I'm not gonna pretend to have deep dived enough about this topic to know anything, so I've come here to ask ya'll if buying a 13th gen processor now is a good idea and if there is anything important about the situation to know. And if it's recommended to not touch intel processors with a 10 foot pole right now, what should I do? Should I switch to something like a 7600x and somehow find a way to fit a DDR5 board and ram into my budget? Should I go AM4 and would there be any meaningful performance losses in doing so?

As for usecase, i'll state in a bit more detail: Currently I'm doing web development in some not-so light ReactJS applications written with Typescript. I plan to maybe engage in some modelling in Blender after I build this pc, but not for any professional reasons, more just for the fun. This is all very volatile and likely to change with time though so, worth a mention. As for gaming, as I said the only game thats more demanding that I play is GTA V on a 1080p 166hz monitor.

I'll list the specs of the planned build I was going with here incase they provide any important additional info. As for budget, its roughly 2400BGN (1340USD, 1225 EUR). Don't really wanna go above that.

i5-13600kf
DEEPCOOL AG620 CPU cooler
2x16GB DDR4-3600 Kingston Fury Renegade Black (Cheapest cl16 ram available where I'm at.)
MSI B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
ASUS dual 6750xt oc
1 TB XS70 SSD
Corsair RM650 PSU
Zalman N4 ATX case

Thanks in advance!