Question Regular audio input and outputs gone after installing an SSD

Jan 5, 2021
I have installed a 3rd drive which is a 500GB SSD and after installing and getting it set up my sound inputs for my headphones and my microphone is gone. The only sound that works on my computer is coming out of my monitor. I've tried restarting my computer, I've uninstalled the audio drivers in Device Manager and it also didn't fix the problem. I just want to be able to hear stuff through my headphones

Here are my specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 9600K

RAM
16.0GB Vengeance @ 3000MHz
Motherboard
ROG STRIX B365-F GAMING (LGA1151)
Graphics
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (EVGA)
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000LM048-2E7172 (SATA )
186GB Seagate ST3200826AS (SATA )
465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0A-00SM50 (SATA (SSD))
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
(This is my only audio device showing up ever sense the problem has occured)

I have installed a 3rd drive which is a 500GB SSD and after installing and getting it set up my sound inputs for my headphones and my microphone is gone. The only sound that works on my computer is coming out of my monitor. I've tried restarting my computer, I've uninstalled the audio drivers in Device Manager and it also didn't fix the problem. I just want to be able to hear stuff through my headphones

Here are my specs:
Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 9600K

RAM
16.0GB Vengeance @ 3000MHz
Motherboard
ROG STRIX B365-F GAMING (LGA1151)
Graphics
3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (EVGA)
Storage
931GB Seagate ST1000LM048-2E7172 (SATA )
186GB Seagate ST3200826AS (SATA )
465GB Western Digital WDC WDS500G2B0A-00SM50 (SATA (SSD))
Audio
NVIDIA High Definition Audio
(This is my only audio device showing up ever sense the problem has occured)
Go to control panel > Sound and make sure that appropriate (for you headphones) probably analog input/output are set as default. As you have sound thru monitor, most probably it's set as default and it gets sound thru HDMI form GPU.

Jan 5, 2021
Go to control panel > Sound and make sure that appropriate (for you headphones) probably analog input/output are set as default. As you have sound thru monitor, most probably it's set as default and it gets sound thru HDMI form GPU.
Thats not the problem as there’s rhere set as default when hen I go to sound settings

Jan 5, 2021
That is not the problem as there is nothing else to set as default. I don’t know if this makes it clearer but both the front and back headphone jacks for input and output don’t work. When I plug them in nothing happens and even in sound settings the only thing that shows up is the monitor audio. I have the things checked to show disabled and non connected devices but still nothing else shows up.
I wanna ty everything I can before o have to change out the sound card but I don’t think hats the problem because I just got the motherboard last week.

It also happened after I I restarted my computer after I plugged in my SSD so I don’t know if that is related at all

That is not the problem as there is nothing else to set as default. I don’t know if this makes it clearer but both the front and back headphone jacks for input and output don’t work. When I plug them in nothing happens and even in sound settings the only thing that shows up is the monitor audio. I have the things checked to show disabled and non connected devices but still nothing else shows up.
I wanna ty everything I can before o have to change out the sound card but I don’t think hats the problem because I just got the motherboard last week.

It also happened after I I restarted my computer after I plugged in my SSD so I don’t know if that is related at all
Go to BIOS and see if Audio is enabled. https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/S...on-10-SupremeFX-Audio-Driver-1-9-114-20.shtml has your drivers for sound, it must show in Device manager beside GPU audio. If Audio chip and system is working but missing a driver it should show in Device manager at least as an unknown device.

Jan 5, 2021
Go to BIOS and see if Audio is enabled. https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/S...on-10-SupremeFX-Audio-Driver-1-9-114-20.shtml has your drivers for sound, it must show in Device manager beside GPU audio. If Audio chip and system is working but missing a driver it should show in Device manager at least as an unknown device.
Ok. I went to BIOS and the audio is enabled. I also installed that driver but nothing changed in device manager. One thing that I did find though is that when I open Device Manager one of the 2 "High Definition Audio Controller" has a yellow caution symbol over it.