[SOLVED] Reinstalling windows 10 with a new administrator?

Heoir

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
So I've tried searching this online and this seems to be just such a niche event.

I've got a 2 year old pc that I'll be selling to make use of some newer hardware. Not going to start a flame war or whatever but my fiance is a graphic design major and I'd like for us to have a pc that can handle her workload while allowing me to still game on occasion.

I'm selling the 2 year old pc to my younger brother at a very cheap price. What I'd like to do is remove my account (the only account on the pc) and give him a fresh install of windows 10. My C: Drive is only for OS/drivers/anti virus so there's no information on the drive that worries me. After reinstalling windows I'd like to make his account the sole account on windows 10 on this pc and have him as the administrator. Would someone be so kind as to walk me through the process? I have a spare usb drive (8gb, not sure if it is large enough) if I have to download the bootable onto that. Not sure which bootable I'll need, though.

As a side note, I was one of the users who had windows 7 who took advantage of the free upgrade offer to windows 10, so I don't really have a 'windows 10 key' but a windows 7 key which I have actually lost the disc that I wrote that on. :/

Thank you for your time, to all who answer.

~Fen

Solution
If the hardware is currently WIn 10 and fully activated, a full wipe and reinstall is NO problem.
During the process, create whatever accounts you need.

USAFRet

Titan
If the hardware is currently WIn 10 and fully activated, a full wipe and reinstall is NO problem.
During the process, create whatever accounts you need.

Reactions: Heoir
Solution