Remote Desktop: Don't mess with my desktop arrangement!

I am using Remote Desktop to connect my laptop, with a 1024x768 display, to
a desktop which has a 1280x960 display. Every time I connect to my desktop,
the icons on my desktop host are re-arranged to fit my laptop display.

When I use my desktop directly, I have to spend time re-arranging my desktop
icons which were scrambled by my remote desktop login.

Surely there must be a way to tell remote desktop to leave my desktop
arrangement alone!

Tony Lin

Fremont, CA

TLin2100 wrote:
> I am using Remote Desktop to connect my laptop, with a 1024x768
> display, to a desktop which has a 1280x960 display. Every time I
> connect to my desktop, the icons on my desktop host are re-arranged
> to fit my laptop display.
> When I use my desktop directly, I have to spend time re-arranging my
> desktop icons which were scrambled by my remote desktop login.
>
> Surely there must be a way to tell remote desktop to leave my desktop
> arrangement alone!

No.
Not without using some third party "desktop arrangment save/restore tool".
One may come with your video card drivers.

--
<- Shenan ->

OK. Thanks for the answer.

Tony