[SOLVED] Removing all files from second hard disk

Jan 19, 2020
Hello peeps,

I have 2 hard disks which one of them is from my old PC which has Windows 7 on it and I'm not using it anymore. Other one is the one I'm using on my PC.
So the problem is, I'm running out of space on my main PC but I don't want to install new system. When I plug in both hard disks at the same time, I can't run PC because there are system files on both hard disks.
My question is, is there a way to remove all files from old hard disk so I can use it on my main PC, or do I have to install new system all together?

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Since you just have the one drive connected, it doesn't matter.

The system will not boot up with the old drive connected?
What does it do, exactly? When in the process does it fail?

This sounds like a physically bad drive. The Win 7 files on that drive should have no impact.

USAFRet

Titan
Since you just have the one drive connected, it doesn't matter.

The system will not boot up with the old drive connected?
What does it do, exactly? When in the process does it fail?

This sounds like a physically bad drive. The Win 7 files on that drive should have no impact.

Reactions: Vepthy
Solution
Jan 19, 2020

Sorry for late reply.

I just tried to plug in bith hard drives and but they were not working. After that I tried to manage power cables better and now they both showed up.

Thank you for help!

Last edited:

RolandJS

Reputable
Mar 10, 2017
"My question is, is there a way to remove all files from old hard disk so I can use it on my main PC, or do I have to install new system all together?" Are you successfully copying your data folders and files from old HD onto your new HD? Were you also asking about copying 3rd party utilities and programs? My answer, if you say yes, would be: it depends...

Jan 19, 2020
"My question is, is there a way to remove all files from old hard disk so I can use it on my main PC, or do I have to install new system all together?" Are you successfully copying your data folders and files from old HD onto your new HD? Were you also asking about copying 3rd party utilities and programs? My answer, if you say yes, would be: it depends...

After I fixed my hard drive, I used device manager or something like that, went into storage area and just formatted whole old PC. After that I made one big partition and now I have three partitions ( two from main hdd and one from old )