Question Repairing 2019 Macbook Pro?

gladerunner

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2016
Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro A4121 of 2019 vintage, it is a 16 inch screen and was top spec at the time, with 2Tb disk and 64Gb DRAM.
Last week I shut down, unplugged it and put it away; 4 days later I find it won't power on. It is drawing no power from the USB-C port despite the charger and cable tested and working (a usb power checker sees 5v but no current). I have tried the usual button combinations all the guides give but nothing at all. I suspect the internal supply circuitry has developed a fault, as with a charger connected to one of its USB ports there is no power on another.

Question is, are Apple likely to be able to fix it as its out of warranty although not classed as 'obsolete'? Or is it worth trying to fix it myself?

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Maybe a fault maybe there's water damage. You would need to contact them and figure out how much they will charge you for your repair. Chances are they might even quote you too much to make you think you should invest in a new laptop.

You could contact Lewis Rossman or NorthRidgeFix and see if they can help you with a repair for less.