Replacing hard drive

I am learning this gig from the deep end so dont know much. how do you
put windows on a replacement hard drive.

--
stu77

The problem(s) with a mfg cloneing utility is that they simply will not work
in xp....To clone a hd,use xps own XCOPY,have youre newly formatted hd with
a primary partition set on the same IDE chain as C:,go to run,type:
XCOPY C:\*.* D:\ /c/h/e/k/r Agree to all in the DOS window,when the DOS
window closes,its thru.

"stu77" <stu77.1e6xd6@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> I am learning this gig from the deep end so dont know much. how do you
> put windows on a replacement hard drive.
>

> --
> stu77

The usual method is to use the cloning program that many
disk manufacturers make available free of charge on their
home site.