Question Replacing Hyper 212 LED Turbo fans with Arctic P12, worth it?

Jul 1, 2022
Hi! Ive been having issues with my temps, I have a Ryzen 5600, PBO CO -30, Freq +200.

I tested this with 8hs CoreCycler and 1hr of P95 Small FFTs and didnt have any errors, but temps go up to 85c. Over 70c in certain games.

Since I can't afford to buy an AIO atm, Ive been recommended to just swap the 212 fans for a pair of P12s, but I read that the P12s can produce up to 56 CFM while I read on the 212 LED Turbo page that its fans can produce up to 66 CFM.

So my question is, will I see an improvement? Is there something Im missing?

Jul 1, 2022
What? That's a waste of cash.
Over 70C in games is nothing alarming, and neither is the 85C result. You're creating a problem when one doesn't exist.

I want lower temps even if I dont need them. Just for my peace of mind.

I can also get CoolerMaster Sickleflow 120 ARGB for the same price, they have higher CFM and higher Air Pressure on top of the amazing ARGB.

Jul 1, 2022
Still a waste of cash, and if the target is below 70C for your peace of mind, it's an extreme goal, meaning it's an expensive one.
Save up for when you can change multiple puzzle pieces, instead of one piece at a time.

In games its barely over 70c, so I dont think I need a lot of improvement, was just wondering which one of those 2 fans was better and you replied twice, told me that it was a waste of cash twice, and still failed to answer the one question in my entire post.

Did any fan hurt you, bro?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Did any fan hurt you, bro?
Yes actually. I've previously cut one of my fingers on a Noctua NF-F12 IPPC 3000 running over 2000rpm, so it would've been nice if you didn't go there.

In games its barely over 70c, so I dont think I need a lot of improvement, was just wondering which one of those 2 fans was better and you replied twice, told me that it was a waste of cash twice, and still failed to answer the one question in my entire post.
I wish it were as simple as you'd like it to be, but the fact of the matter is that it isn't.
-case ambient.
-case design. Some hinder airflow, others work well only with specific fan and cpu/gpu cooler setups, etc.
-the gpu; many of the modern designs dump their waste heat inside the PC, increasing case ambient over time.
-air conditioning(yes/no).
-case fans, positions, and what they're running at.
-fan performance below 100% is unknown. The curves aren't linear, thus fans will perform better/worse than others at a given rpm.
-for rated noise level, I don't think different brands utilize the same testing conditions to get that.
-high static pressure doesn't do much on air cooler finstacks since their air resistance is low. Adding to that, the 3 fans are close in rated CFM at 100%.

It's all one big puzzle, and why I said that this endeavor would be a waste; changing one piece(a couple of cpu cooler fans) of the puzzle won't be an efficient use of your money.

Jul 1, 2022
I wish it were as simple as you'd like it to be, but the fact of the matter is that it isn't.
-case ambient.
-case design. Some hinder airflow, others work well only with specific fan and cpu/gpu cooler setups, etc.
-the gpu; many of the modern designs dump their waste heat inside the PC, increasing case ambient over time.
-air conditioning(yes/no).
-case fans, positions, and what they're running at.
-fan performance below 100% is unknown. The curves aren't linear, thus fans will perform better/worse than others at a given rpm.
-for rated noise level, I don't think different brands utilize the same testing conditions to get that.
-high static pressure doesn't do much on air cooler finstacks since their air resistance is low. Adding to that, the 3 fans are close in rated CFM at 100%.

It's all one big puzzle, and why I said that this endeavor would be a waste; changing one piece(a couple of cpu cooler fans) of the puzzle won't be an efficient use of your money.

My room temp sucks. Summer is coming to Argentina and I dont have AC, which is why I started worrying about temps since it will be my 5600's first summer. Current temp is about 25c here and it will get hotter. 3600 wasnt as horny.

Case is a Lancool 2 Mesh Performance, all fans full speed. CM212 fans are also full speed and whatever fans I buy will be full speed. I dont mind the noise, I use headphones most of the time. No aditional fans. I think I can put the 2 leftover fans from my 212 on the bottom of the case tho.

GPU is a Zotac 2060 Super AMP Extreme, the one with triple fan. Never goes above 65c.

I decided to buy the 2x Sickleflow only because they have ARGB and my Lancool has a nice window. According to a review I saw, at full speed they are great, producing even lower temps than P12s, and so I can install the leftover fans in the case.

czcFkJI.png

Jul 1, 2022
Replaced the 212 fans with Sickleflows 120 ARGB and installed the 2 leftovers as exhausts on the top of the case. P95 / CB23 temps went from 84-85 to 74-75 and CB23 score from 11200ish to 11647. Im satisfied :D