[SOLVED] Replacing OLD broken Motherboard HELP !

Metroguts

Honorable
Jul 25, 2016
Hello, i have built a PC in 2016 September and it looks like my Motherboard seems to not work anymore, i am looking for a suitable replacement with a price that is not ridiculously high.

The specs of my PC are:
  • Intel Core I7-6700K Processor (4 GHz, 8 M Cache, LGA1151)
  • ASUS Z170-A Intel Skylake SLi/CrossFire ATX Motherboard - THIS needs to be replaced
  • EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 SC Gaming 8 GB ACX 3.0 Graphic Card
  • RAM: Corsair CMK16GX4M2A2400C14 Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4 2400 MHz CL14 XMP 2.0 High Performance
  • Cryorig H7 AMD and Intel Processor Heatsink Cooler
  • PSU EVGA supernoba 650 G2

Taking the aforementioned board into consideration - 4 years ago i have purchased it for £125, but i am unable to find anything decent in that price range that is not extremely heavily criticized for its flaws.

If possible would anyone be able to look into it and help me in choosing a motherboard within the price range of £140 max, as i am looking to make bigger changes in the next year to the whole build( of course i will be changing the motherboard too but for now i am looking for something good in quality around the aforementioned price range, comparable or better to my previous motherboard.)

Thank you everyone in advance for taking your time to read this post and help.

Solution
Z270 and Z170 boards shouldn't be too hard to find used. I wouldn't worry too much about quality of boards and reviews. Most Z boards are enough to run a 6700k/7700k at stock just fine. Even mid-grade boards were fine for overclocking.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Z270 and Z170 boards shouldn't be too hard to find used. I wouldn't worry too much about quality of boards and reviews. Most Z boards are enough to run a 6700k/7700k at stock just fine. Even mid-grade boards were fine for overclocking.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS