Report: GTX 770 Spotted Again, Specifications Confirmed

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012

"it's sounding more and more like this is a publicity stunt for Nvidia and their attempt to get even more money out of kepler"

Wasn't that you complaining? I merely tried to balance you two out ;) Isn't AMD doing the same (my point) by milking 7000's all the way to end of 2013 instead of a Nov2012 release? By rebadging 7970m? We wouldn't be talking about this if AMD had released something instead of pushing the same product all the way to the end of this year. NV, as the market share leader here (65%, and without problems), only needs to respond with cuts or products when forced (much like Intel does - don't see a price drop from them with no AMD competition either). That doesn't make me happy, it's just the facts of life.

Heck, it would be nice if AMD actually fixes their drivers before releasing something else (prototype after Q2? for a year+ product?). Again, something NV doesn't have to do (they just work). Both delaying possibly could be blamed on TSMC process failure, but you get the point. If NV is milking us, so is AMD. AMD gives you lots of games, but only because they're getting so much bad press and reviews (FCAT, Enduro, CF negative scaling etc etc) they are FORCED to bribe you. IF they had everything in order with no problems there would be no never settle bundles like today. Nobody gives away their bottom line to do us favors...LOL. Companies are in business to...well...milk us...LOL. AMD isn't out to make sure we all have more games. They have to. AMD is no better than NV. In tom's 7990 review 5/5 gamers chose NV. Why would they cut the price with those kind of reviews floating around everywhere? If the shoe was on the other foot I'd expect the same from AMD and wouldn't be "complaining" as it's par for the course for all companies.

Umm, thanks for complaining first. And, you're welcome; glad I could be of service :)

Status
Not open for further replies.