Report: Nvidia Developing Ultra, LE Variants of GTX Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddybody

Distinguished
This doesnt make me hopeful in regards to the GTX 7xx series. I dont think they'd align a 499.99 780 to compete with a 1000.00+ flagship card...though I was hoping to see a huge perf jump from 6xx. Guess the 8xx will bring the goods :/

Au_equus

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
If the "ultra" titan can approach the 690, then you can talk about placing it at or a higher price. I like guru3d's pricing scheme, but we all know that's not going to happen.

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
I'm not sure how the people who just bought the regular Titan will feel about the Titan Ultra. I can imagine it won't feel too good. Then again it will be interesting to see how it performs.

hannibal

Distinguished

Well, if Ultra will be more expensive than normal Titan, then why would they feel not good? If they can afford Titan, they can Afford to upgrade to Ultra even if it will cost 1200$... 200 more for 1000$ is not much. For any normal people even the normal Titan with 990$ price tag is too much, so anyone who can afford Titan, can afford upgrade to Ultra if they really want to. The difference is not subtantial.

Am I the only one who can appreciate the irony of this statement? If I'm not mistaken, Mack, didn't you buy your 7970 Lightnings when they were almost $600 each? And do you not also have to run them with a FPS limiter? No offense, just some friendly ribbing.

Anyway, as usual, this is last week's news. This week, we have news about the release of the GTX 780, 770, and 760 Ti.
http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvidia_geforce_gtx_780gtx_770_and_gtx_760_ti.html

First and foremost, few weeks back, several websites leaked the news about a part called GeForce GTX Titan LE, a board based on cut down GK110 GPU silicon. The leak was right, since this will actually be a consumer version of Tesla K20C, the 2496-core part with 5GB of GDDR5 memory. The name will not be the GTX Titan LE, though. Meet the GeForce GTX 780 5GB. Just as the GTX Titan was a consumer version of the K20X (2688-core part, 6GB GDDR5 memory), K20A/C is getting a consumer version as well. The performance is about 30% faster than a single GTX 680. You can expect this board to launch (hard launch, availability from Day 0) in the final days of May, as the Computex train starts to heat up. Pricing unknown, but you should prices anywhere between $499 and $599.

G

Gaming at 7680 x 1600 (3 x 30 inch displays) with a couple of these in SLI. Mmm mmm good.

milesk182

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Is it just me or is the Titan series screwing up the refresh? Will the 800 series really be that much of a jump? This remind me of when the 9000 series came out except there adding an extra card tier of $700+!?

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
dunno where nvidia is heading with these titans and with the new 7xx series tho am sure the 7xx will not be big competitive with titans :/ .. comon nvidia show us your real plans

Status
Not open for further replies.