Researchers Decipher Neural Code of Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

RipperjackAU

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]velocityg4[/nom]One more step toward making the Borg a reality/[/citation]

Oh, my boss would love this. A borg army to cut code 24/7. Ironic, as I write this Sunday morning, from my cubical, as yet again, I've had to work another weekend. ****ARGH****

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]RipperjackAU[/nom]Oh, my boss would love this. A borg army to cut code 24/7. Ironic, as I write this Sunday morning, from my cubical, as yet again, I've had to work another weekend. ****ARGH****[/citation]I take it the boss isn't there to catch you reading Tom's?

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Of course if you pay a little extra you can get a remote control to allow you to zoom in, add Night Vision, IR or UV filters and of course Still and Video capture with Blue tooth downloads :)

Don't laugh, if they get the chip to work that would all be possible !
Then the question comes up if Doctors will offer to replace healthy retinas for the extra features; sort of like cosmetic surgery but to improve features instead of looks.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Ah yes, and Google/YouTube could add an EyeLive channel (if we include a GPS receiver your Location, Direction and Speed data could be overlaid ); the Apple version will be called iLive of course :)

Soccer, Football, Formula One and the 2020 Olympics could then offer a view thru the competitor's eyes.
Now that would be a reason to watch :)

And you know that certain Studios in a seedy part of Hollywood would (wood?) pick up on that too.

ichihaifu

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
lol at the borg comments, its nothing more than a eye enhancement. Its in no way going to be a step forward in robotics. But it will be a leap forward for medical industry.

It would be neat if it would be adopted with micro computer properties. (=email, videos/pictures, internet, txt messages)

jhansonxi

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
[citation][nom]ichihaifu[/nom]It would be neat if it would be adopted with micro computer properties. (=email, videos/pictures, internet, txt messages)[/citation]
Sounds wonderful until the manufacturers decide to increase revenue through pop-up advertisements.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]CaedenV[/nom]we have knee replacements, heart replacements, now the prospect of eye replacements; and yet we cannot cure bad grammar by those who are paid to write...[/citation]

LOL; this from a guy from a guy who begins his sentence with lower case :)

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]LOL; this from a guy from a guy who begins his sentence with lower case :)[/citation]"From a guy from a guy".. Classic. I'll throw in some bad grammar two!

Cosmonal

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]"From a guy from a guy".. Classic. [/citation]

Digital Delay, from Boss. Classic 80's on stage.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I want a brain implant that lets me take photo/video directly as I see it. Back to the topic at hand though, this is definitely good news for all the visually impaired individuals out there. Imagine an individual blind all their life finally being able to see again.

Status
Not open for further replies.