Resolution VS Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

XilenXIII

Honorable
Nov 9, 2014
Okay, my question concerns the importance of a screen's resolution versus the importance of graphics cards. Though, what I mean is that I have found two laptops that seem to be great deals with their specifications, but my mind is unable to decide which of the two to purchase.

The two laptops are the following:

CyberPowerPC Fangbook Evo HFX7-1700

GIGABYTE P35Wv3-3K

The main difference I see is that the Gigabyte Laptop has a 2880x1620p Resolution with a GTX 970m graphics card, while the Fangbook has a 1920x1080p Resolution with a GTX 980m card. My question is that, which is more important for overall quality of gaming?

The prices are about the same, around $1799 each. If you guys would suggest a better buy than both of these, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any response~
-Xilen

The higher the resolution, the more graphically demanding the game will be. I suppose it is nice to use really high resolution when doing non-gaming things, but when it comes to games it is more of an inconvenience and you would need to lower the resolution to 1080p to improve game performance.

Therefore, I would go with the laptop with the 1080p screen especially since it comes with a more powerful GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.