Bus: 0A, Device:04, Function:01
ERROR
Resource Conflict – PCI Mass Storage Controller on Motherboard
Bus: 0A, Device:04, Function:02
ERROR
Resource Conflict – PCI on Motherboard
Bus: 0A, Device:04, Function:03

Press <F1> to resume, <F2> to Setup"

I have reset the BIOS to the defaults but no effect. If I try to 'resume' the laptop tries to boot but hangs when loading the OS.

I am a reasonably proficient technician so happy to crack open the case if needs be, but hardware is not my forte, so really hope someone can point me in the right direction!!

The laptop was working fine then failed intermittently for a period, but now is not working at all.

Thanks all

Guavas

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013
Dear both afaUK and gary1stlai, the problem you are probably facing is a problem with the motherboard.
I know this because I only fixed this problem this morning with my Toshiba A300-12K.
I had exactly the same errors as afaUK; same PCI issues and the inability to load an Operating System from the HDD, USB or CD.
I took it to a repair shop several weeks ago where I bought my computer in 2008. What they told me was that I had a cracked motherboard, which would cost 400 € to repair (it's cheaper buying a new PC).
Instead of spending money, I decided to fix it myself.
What I did:
Pressed F2 to access the BIOS and reset it to default settings.
Took out battery, keyboard, RAM, Optical Disc Drive (check the dismantling guide in the forum).
Cleaned the computer with a vacuum cleaner with a panty covering the end (BE CAREFUL, ONLY DO THIS IF THERE'S A LOT OF DUST/HAIR)
Turned the computer on without RAM. It did nothing.
Turned the computer off, put both sticks of RAM back.
Turned the computer back on, pressing F2 to access the BIOS.
Turned everything (legacy usb, WLAN, touchpad {you wont need this atm}, etc. OFF)
(PhoenixBIOS does not have many options, but just turn off what you can)
Pressed F10, saving all the settings and Rebooting the computer.
Windows Vista and Kali Linux booted like normally.
In the Toshiba's native Windows Vista, I turned the touchpad, WLAN, etc back on and checked for errors in the device manager - there were none.
I then turned off the computer and disconnected the power cord, put the keyboard, OpticalDD and covers back.
No Issues anymore, and am using the computer to write this message now.
If this has not worked for you, please tell me.

-Guavas :)

whywontitwork

Reputable
May 9, 2015
Hello Guavas i tried just about everything. But still having the same problem. After it tells me to press f2 to set up or f12 for boot options. I press f2 it beeps for a second time with nothing happening. Please help me out.

Guavas

Honorable
Sep 24, 2013

Way for replying to an old thread, whywontitwork!
Please tell me a bit more about your make/model, the issue you're having and the last known working configuration (vista,7, modifications).
I'll help you out ;)

whywontitwork

Reputable
May 9, 2015