Restart when unplugging ethernet, unidentified network no internet.

G

I recently built a computer for a friend, with a gigabyte m68m-s2p mobo, amd sempron 2.7g , 2gb ram, 480 psu, with a dvd burner and 1tb hdd, windows 7 32bit. It was working fine after installing windows and updates, but after sending it to my friend, it is having issues out of the box. Direct connection to modem there is not internet connectivity, and network/sharing says unidentified network, also when unplugging the ethernet cable from the computer, it restarts. I thought I had made sure to update the bios and the chipset/lan etc, but I could be wrong. Any suggestions?

k3y3n1n

Distinguished
May 20, 2010
I recently built a computer for a friend, with a gigabyte m68m-s2p mobo, amd sempron 2.7g , 2gb ram, 480 psu, with a dvd burner and 1tb hdd, windows 7 32bit. It was working fine after installing windows and updates, but after sending it to my friend, it is having issues out of the box. Direct connection to modem there is not internet connectivity, and network/sharing says unidentified network, also when unplugging the ethernet cable from the computer, it restarts. I thought I had made sure to update the bios and the chipset/lan etc, but I could be wrong. Any suggestions?

quite confused theres no internet connection directly connected to the modem??

If there is no internet from the modem try a diff PC to the modem make sure its not the modem.. If its not the modem try to roll back the drivers sometimes windows updates put new NIC drivers and its messes it up.

Happen on my gigabyte board when i was using VISTA 64 bit.