Retro Gamer

For anyone who's interested, there's a feature on the IFComp in the latest
issue of Retro Gamer magazine. Four games reviewed - the games which placed
1st, 2nd and 3rd and my very own entry way down at 23!

"DJohn37050" <djohn37050@aol.com> wrote in message
> Where is Retro Gamer mag?
> Don Johnson

It's a British computer magazine, although you might be able to order it
overseas. It's available in most newsagents.

On 24 Dec 2004 13:52:15 GMT, djohn37050@aol.com (DJohn37050) wrote:

>Where is Retro Gamer mag?

I saw one at a Barnes & Noble about a month ago.

"David Whyld" <me@dwhyld.plus.com> escreveu na mensagem

> "DJohn37050" <djohn37050@aol.com> wrote in message
>> Where is Retro Gamer mag?
>> Don Johnson
>
> It's a British computer magazine, although you might be able to order it
> overseas. It's available in most newsagents.

I guess the best thing to do would be let him know the webpage url no?

(main page) http://www.livepublishing.co.uk/retro/
(issue 11, that he spoke about)
http://www.livepublishing.co.uk/retro/retro11.shtml

Regards,
RootShell

"David Whyld" <me@dwhyld.plus.com> wrote in message
> For anyone who's interested, there's a feature on the IFComp in the latest
> issue of Retro Gamer magazine. Four games reviewed - the games which placed
> 1st, 2nd and 3rd and my very own entry way down at 23!

Eh! How did you get them to do that??

Kevin Venzke

"Kevin Venzke" <stepjakk@yahooo.frr> wrote in message

> "David Whyld" <me@dwhyld.plus.com> wrote in message
>> For anyone who's interested, there's a feature on the IFComp in the
>> latest issue of Retro Gamer magazine. Four games reviewed - the games
>> which placed 1st, 2nd and 3rd and my very own entry way down at 23!
>
> Eh! How did you get them to do that??
>
> Kevin Venzke

Nothing to do with me, honest guv'nor. I guess they just liked the game.

David Whyld <me@dwhyld.plus.com> wrote:

> Nothing to do with me, honest guv'nor. I guess they just liked the game.

Yes your game was apparently Keith Campbell's favourite out of all this
year's IF Comp entrants. Congratulations! Keith Campbell of course being
the person who wrote the article in this month's Retro Gamer. He's a
well-known (at least in the UK) IF columnist from the 1980s. I'm hoping
that his increased involvement in the magazine might mean more retro IF
content. In the article he commented that he was very impressed with the
quality of the games in this competition. He's only recently back in the
'IF scene' though so won't be so familiar with earlier years' games.

Viv