Question RGB Fans not working after windows update (Win10)

Feb 18, 2023
Hello,
Last night I went to shut down my kids PC (recently built in Dec.) and Windows wanted to update, so I selected "update and shutdown". When it booted this morning the RGB fans (that came with the case, so I don't know what they are) won't light up. The PC also has G.Skill Trident Z RGB memory which does light up. Nothing I do seems to have any effect, including doing a System Restore to a point 3 days ago. I noticed in Device Manager that there are a bunch of PCI devices which the PC doesn't recognize and can't find drivers for, but I have no idea how to find drivers to try and reinstall them, if that's even the problem. The motherboard is an Asus Prime B660-Plus D4 and I tried going into BIOS to see if I could do something there but only the memory RGB was affected by anything. I have also tried using Armory crate but had no luck, although it does affect the RGB on the memory. I have also tried updating the BIOS.

Thank you in advance for any ideas!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the RGB fans (that came with the case, so I don't know what they are) won't light up.
Can you state what the make and model of the case is?

Asus Prime B660-Plus D4
What BIOS version are you currently on? To me, what you've described above, it seems the update might've knocked out the drivers for your chipset. See if you can manually reinstall all relevant drivers for your motherboard(sourced from here) in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. Mind you, you need only download and install the latest version of the drivers, not all versions.

Feb 18, 2023
Thanks for the reply. the case is a Fractal Design Pop Air RGB. The BIOS was just updated to the most recent version from ASUS' website after this happened (to try and fix it) but I'm not sure what version they were before. I have tried updating drivers through Armory Crate, and the "Unknown PCI Devices" are no longer showing up in device manager, but the lights still won't come on.