Status
Not open for further replies.

g-unit1111

Titan
29jw27.jpg

Zaporro

Honorable
Jan 23, 2014
Why people still wet their pants on every little thing with LEDs?

Its literally just a piece of plastic case and a few LEDs underneath. They act like if its some kind of rocket science or breakthrough discovery.

So pathetic.

If your hard drives "strongest selling point" is the fact that it has RGB, then the drive is trash to start with.

I would certainly hope there is are other qualities that outshine the fact that it has RGB.

Aug 2, 2018
So instead of putting the money on something innovative , you waste it on RGB Light . yea right .

Hey ASUS , here is a Hint , you make Motherboards , next time , instead of wasting money on useless things , make the bridge board with 32GB SSD chip/controller on it and make it work as a cache for the slow 2.5 inch 1TB/2TB Harddisk inside the external box , then connect it to a Gen 2 USB-C bridge chip..

engineer5261

Reputable
Apr 26, 2016
Average cost of small form factor surface mount LED's = less than 9 cents/unit when bought in bulk. Manufacturers have figure out that this is a very cheap addition to their product to sell more units, and it seems to be working but i'm right there with RANTOC, i'll go with the more cost effective, power consumption and heat efficient version without LED's, IF this thing is even worth picking up.

rickhal

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2008
I agree that the RGB craze is kind of stupid to many people. However, for some of us a bit of "style" and color on our PC hardware is a fun, lightweight addition. I still buy quality hardware. But, if it has a little pizzazz to it, so much the better.

A "bit" of fun and style is fine. I have two LED strips inside my case. EVERYTHING being RGB is ridiculous. Hard drives, power supplies, shower heads, toilets, razors (The kind you actually shave with, not the gaming company) and mouse pads are not items that need to be RGB. It's too much. Soon there will be RGB skin implants and jewelry. RGB cabling and wall outlets. Enough already.

g-unit1111

Titan

Exactly, you don't buy hard drives because they're aesthetically pleasing. You buy them because they get the job done.

See, that's what I'm talking about. Pretty sure the next bbq model will have AI to intelligently cook, integrated wireless to notify you when the food is done and also be a wireless hub and repeater so that everybody standing around by the barbecue can have a strong signal for wifi calling and downloading any number of stupid apps for changing the LED lighting on the barbecue. Might even have a monitor built into the hood.

LED tongs to follow.

USAFRet

Titan

That's what the new Samsung fridge is for.
https://www.samsung.com/us/explore/family-hub-refrigerator/overview/
The whole door is a tablet. Recipes, calendar, Spotify...

$20 at Bed Bath and Beyond.:lol:

Why is it you believe it will fail within the first few months just because it's a Seagate drive? I have no particular preference for Seagate, in fact I distinctly dislike their failure to uphold their warranty policy in a few cases, but that is a complete aside from whether their drives are any more or less reliable. I'm assuming you're referencing that unreliable Backblaze data again.

Yeah, running consumer drives in enterprise environments. That's a great way to test reliability for consumers.

Status
Not open for further replies.