[SOLVED] RGB Without RGB Headers

Savage_Titan

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014
Repurposing an old 5820k system for a render machine at work, sprucing it up a bit and wondering if I can get any RGB working on this. Using an Asus X99 Deluxe with no RGB headers. NZXT's newer Kraken coolers don't requre a header for RGB, looks like they communicate via USB, so I assume there's some simple adapter, just unsure what exactly to search for. Trying to avoid standalone RGB controllers and keep this cheap.

Solution
You will have to have some kind of controller / regulator for any RGB use. Most systems either connect through the motherboard (like Asus ROG) or they use some type of controller module (NZXT Hue+ / Corsair Node, etc). That is what hooks through the USB port. The Kraken X62 hooks through Hue+ in order to get the RGB effects.

jacob68

Notable
Jan 30, 2019
Repurposing an old 5820k system for a render machine at work, sprucing it up a bit and wondering if I can get any RGB working on this. Using an Asus X99 Deluxe with no RGB headers. NZXT's newer Kraken coolers don't requre a header for RGB, looks like they communicate via USB, so I assume there's some simple adapter, just unsure what exactly to search for. Trying to avoid standalone RGB controllers and keep this cheap.
If you dont have rgb headers and want to control the lighting, then there is no way around getting a USB rgb controller.

g-unit1111

Titan
You will have to have some kind of controller / regulator for any RGB use. Most systems either connect through the motherboard (like Asus ROG) or they use some type of controller module (NZXT Hue+ / Corsair Node, etc). That is what hooks through the USB port. The Kraken X62 hooks through Hue+ in order to get the RGB effects.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS