Ripped Off?

G

I believe I may have been ripped off by a company and sold a slower-than-advertised chip... Is there any way to tell? Also, does the ASUS K7V support 1200mhz chips and under what jumper settings? The ASUS website only gives me the jumper settings for up to 1Ghz...

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks so much for your time.

G

Have you tried emailing Asus? Maybe there are more configs printed in the mainboard itself.

What does make you suspect you have been ripped off? Do you think they have sold you an overclocked chip?

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST

G

Need more details my friend, what makes you think you have been sold a slower chip...performance...it could be drivers...did it load up and start on a slower Mhz setting, then maybe you have....Post more.

=Quantum
AO Admin
The Dr.Twister Network
http://ao.drtwister.com

G

What Chip do you Have INTEL Or AMD??? Intel has a program on their site that will check your CPU if it is Intel.

BMan33

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2001
What would lead you to believe that you've been ripped off? Is the system unstable? What kind of processor is it? What mobo are you using?

Wherever you go, there you are.

ledzepp98

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
the k7v is a slot-a mobo. there are no slot-a chips at 1200mhz (except for overclocking, are you trying to overclock?). if you bought a 1200mhz slot-a athlon for a k7v then something is fishy...