caustin582

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009

I disagree

passivecool

Honorable
Jul 18, 2017
accordint to google translate, indonesian:
"Taaaiik kaliaan. Your sanctuary. Your work is good. But it's not like your heart. I'm already old. What do you want to be like? Caprek I dh"

that makes about as much sense as naming a bookkeeper the head of an technology company which is supposed to be innovative. My tip: buy shares, not hardware, sell short.

Do you hear the people sing?
Singing a song of angry men?
It is the music of a people
Who're buying AMD again!

s1mon7

Reputable
Oct 3, 2018
A finance-background leader is not what they need now. This was surely an easy and convenient choice, but one that might move them even further in the wrong direction. Intel's obsession with the charts and tables has led them here. They don't need to master redistributing (or keeping) their money even further - they need to get their moneymaker (chips) in order. I'm not surprised that even the investors took note of this.
His actions will only bear major fruit in 2-3 years. Combined with Intel's money reserves and mind share still sheltering them for the time being, it might be too late to reverse when these start to diminish. Intel needs a good strategy now, one lead by engineering excellence at the forefront.

Co BIY

Splendid
The board has to like a guy who keeps skin in the game and votes his confidence with his own money.

At the the executive level the job is not about whether you are a financier or an engineer (you have people for that) it's about whether you can cast a vision others can get behind and select and empower the right people at the right time. I wish him well.

I don't know if this is the right choice for Intel, I mean he's had the job as a temp for months and things have been shaky at best. Maybe, now that he has the full title and the power associated he can turn things around, but if the title and power weren't what was keeping him from doing a good job he is going to have a less than illustrious career as a CEO if things keep going the way they are going.

In my humble opinion, he isn't what Intel needs right now, but if he proves me wrong I'll accept that.

Good luck Mr Swan.

Sometimes the unconventional choice is the right choice. Ford appointed a Alan Mulally as CEO, who was an executive for Boeing. Now sure basic concepts are the same but building and selling a car is nothing like building and selling a plane.

Yes he turned Ford around and made it into a profitable company again after they were feeling massive losses and even avoided the same fate as GM, taking a loan from the US Government to stay alive.

The biggest issue with tech people is that they don't always know how to run a business well. Sure they know technology but they are not always business savvy. What Intel needs for a CEO is someone who can see and help guid it while appointing people to oversee and develop the technology, like Jim Keller for example.