Roccat to Unveil High-End Gaming Mouse at Computex, E3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennanen

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Nothing to see here, just typical "we have over 9000 dpi" marketing. Next on the line, prebuilt desktop with 300g of ram.

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]Jeez $115+ for a mouse!! Seems kind of high.[/citation]

It is, when Razer's mice are priced from $25 - $99 -- Canadian -- with their most expensive mice being licensed for SWTOR, TRON, and SCII, which run from $129 - $139.

Although, I'll never buy a Razer product again, the mouse stopped working properly in 2009 and I only bought it in late 2008, then replaced it in early 2010, and the keyboard -- I bought the keyboard at the same time as the mouse -- last year, which I replaced around September.

So, down the road I'll look more into Roccat's products.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
[citation][nom]Cy-Kill[/nom]It is, when Razer's mice are priced from $25 - $99 -- Canadian -- with their most expensive mice being licensed for SWTOR, TRON, and SCII, which run from $129 - $139.Although, I'll never buy a Razer product again, the mouse stopped working properly in 2009 and I only bought it in late 2008, then replaced it in early 2010, and the keyboard -- I bought the keyboard at the same time as the mouse -- last year, which I replaced around September.So, down the road I'll look more into Roccat's products.[/citation]
Maybe you should have a look at Corsairs products too. I am going for the Vengeance K90 & M90 (keyboard + mouse) for my next build.

Darkone696

Honorable
May 6, 2012
Hmm I have a logitech G-300 ^_^ works perfectly fine for me DPI isn't that impressive but hey the DPI switch from game to game is a very good feature (also works with any application such at Photoshop CS5) was fairly cheap too! no problems what so ever ~kinda small to the palm though but I worked it out and got computerable~ But I had a 10$ Hp mouse before tried switching back to it for giggles and laughs sake and it felt so weird to me.

gorillagarrett

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
@ jankeke:

I have tried and returned both the M90 and the K90.Didn't like either of those products.

The M90 has a nice build quality and an overall good weight and shape, but it's got the worst side buttons you can ever use.The side buttons on the M90 are Stiff (reall stiff) and not easily reachable.
If you're not planning on playing FPS or RTS games with the M90, then it could do well, i guess.. not!!!

The K90 is a garbage keyboard.Want a mechanical keyboard? Get a Costar built one, a Filco or CM Rapid..

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
[citation][nom]gorillagarrett[/nom]@ jankeke:I have tried and returned both the M90 and the K90.Didn't like either of those products.The M90 has a nice build quality and an overall good weight and shape, but it's got the worst side buttons you can ever use.The side buttons on the M90 are Stiff (reall stiff) and not easily reachable.If you're not planning on playing FPS or RTS games with the M90, then it could do well, i guess.. not!!! The K90 is a garbage keyboard.Want a mechanical keyboard? Get a Costar built one, a Filco or CM Rapid..[/citation]
Hmmm ... I read several positive reviews of the M90 and K90. Maybe I should read some more ... :-/
I'll see if I can try them hands-on in a shop.

magicandy

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2008
Still rocking my MX518. Shame Logitech discontinued it since I was planning on replacing it with another MX518 like I did last year (gave the first to my mate, nothing wrong with it, just wear and tear). Only mouse I've needed since 2007.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]halcyon[/nom]The Logitech G700 isn't bad. I like the feel and that it can be used wired or wireless.[/citation]
I have a Logitech g700 and it's working perfectly. I doubt i'm gonna switch it, unless i find a really better wireless gaming mouse.

gorillagarrett

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
I have a Logitech g700 and it's working perfectly. I doubt i'm gonna switch it, unless i find a really better wireless gaming mouse..

Been using the G700 for over a year now and i don't really like it.First of all, it's bulky.The shape of the mouse is just not meant for accurate mouse movements.Add to that the fact that it doesn't glide well on my SS 9HD, unlike the M90 which uses real nice low-friction feet.
The top 3 G buttons are too damn stiff, and practically unusable.Lastly, the scroll wheel doesn't have the clicky feedback when scrolling.In BF3 for example i almost never get the right weapon when using the scroll wheel.

I'd wait for a M90 successor.Or, you get this Roccat mouse if you don't care about the extra buttons.This Roccat mouse uses the latest AVAGO 9800 sensor.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I can only push a couple of buttons. To me a lot of buttons are just too much. Usually I just buy cheap mice for around 40 bucks.... Logitech or Microsoft whichever is cheaper. And yeah I game. I have a keyboard for extra buttons.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]gorillagarrett[/nom]Been using the G700 for over a year now and i don't really like it.First of all, it's bulky.The shape of the mouse is just not meant for accurate mouse movements.Add to that the fact that it doesn't glide well on my SS 9HD, unlike the M90 which uses real nice low-friction feet.The top 3 G buttons are too damn stiff, and practically unusable.Lastly, the scroll wheel doesn't have the clicky feedback when scrolling.In BF3 for example i almost never get the right weapon when using the scroll wheel.I'd wait for a M90 successor.Or, you get this Roccat mouse if you don't care about the extra buttons.This Roccat mouse uses the latest AVAGO 9800 sensor.[/citation]
Really? I play BF3 in weekends with some friends, and i had no problems until now. I switch weapons and accurate shots and response is great. Maybe you are just a bad player.

No offense, but if you are bad at games, it's your fault, not your hardware's.

I haven't used a Roccat yet, so i can't say anything about their mice, i just say i have a good wireless gaming mouse which gives me freedom from creepy wires (when it's charged, of course, +24 hours is good time for me, i don't play more than 5 hours a day), is very responsive, has good features, feels confortable to my hand and gives me extra button i found usefull in many games, like BF3, Diablo 3, Modern warfare and other games.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
The Kone+ only reviews well, since most of the people who review, do so during the first few months of owning a mouse. It had serious scroll wheel failure issues.

If you enjoy buying a new mouse every year, fine. Go ahead, don't buy a Logitech, go out and experiment with unreliable Roccat mice. ;)

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
I'd personally like to see around 4 buttons on the left side. I'm playing Diablo 3 and other than typing messages I pretty much only use the keyboard for shift and alt. I have the 1-4 buttons and health pot mapped to my G500. I even used the dpi buttons since I don't need to change it. For FPS, the extra two buttons would definitely be handy since there is a whole lot more going on control-wise. Too much money for just more dpi.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
On my G700, the only use of the 5700DPI setting, is if I want to look weird running around and spinning around insanely fast, other than that, it makes the cursor move too fast to be useful

8000DPI will be even worst. I mainly use 1000-1500DPI when gaming

The DPI war is completely stupid, what is more important is how comfortable the mouse is when used for long periods of time, and how many features it has with out getting in the way of it's main function.

the tracking accuracy and speed for modern gaming mice is already at a level where you cant tell a difference. So far, the best that I have used, is the logitech G700 though I wish it had more buttons

n8dogg

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2006
The kone not the kone+ had the wheel issues. I have a kone+ and use the 6000dpi all the time in BF3 or any game with vehicles. Rotating your turret, flying a heli, plane etc is great with high DPI. You don't need a huge space to rip around. Even when just running around I use 3500-4500dpi, unless sniping (400). You get used to the dpi in a few days then you frag like a boss. I will try out this new mouse 8000dpi could be useful in the tank or for twitching in COD.

gorillagarrett

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Really? I play BF3 in weekends with some friends, and i had no problems until now. I switch weapons and accurate shots and response is great. Maybe you are just a bad player.

No offense, but if you are bad at games, it's your fault, not your hardware's.

I haven't used a Roccat yet, so i can't say anything about their mice, i just say i have a good wireless gaming mouse which gives me freedom from creepy wires (when it's charged, of course, +24 hours is good time for me, i don't play more than 5 hours a day), is very responsive, has good features, feels confortable to my hand and gives me extra button i found usefull in many games, like BF3, Diablo 3, Modern warfare and other games.

Firslty, i never use it as a wireless mouse.It doesn't even last for an hour in wireless mode.

Secondly, because it's wireless, it's heavier than other mice, bulkier, and it's got an external stiff cable which is not what u want for a gaming mouse.

Thirdly, i do use the extra buttons to in BF3, WC3, SC2..and i do find them quite useful.

Lastly, I do much better in BF3 using my older G5 mouse, even though the G700 has a noticeably better sensor.

I ahve mid-sized hands, so it could be the reason why i dont find it comfortable.However, The front side of the mouse is high profile, and that causes a lot of strain to my hand, unlike the Mionix Naos 5000 mouse, which has the most natural and comfortable shape my hand has ever landed on.

zeratul600

Honorable
Mar 11, 2012
i got a razer naga, amazing mouse, but truth be told i use it mostly at 1800, 5000 dpi if im just exploring quickly, but 9000dpi¿? thats just insane, i believe that thing will move faster than the speed at which one can understand the images!

Status
Not open for further replies.