Question ROG STRIX GL703VM Overheating

Jan 23, 2020
Hello,

I have an Asus rog strix GL703VM laptop and I want to undervolt the CPU from the Bios but looks like there is no option to do that, is there any way to add the AI Tweaker or something else similar ?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Can you quantify "overheating" first of all?
Unless you're seeing throttling, then you should be 'fine' to continue at those temps. A laptop, due to it's confined space & limited ability to cool, will (almost) always run hotter than a comparable desktop.

In terms of undervolting, if the option is not natively in the BIOS, then it's not something you can easily 'add'. To 'add' that functionality, you'd need a modded BIOS with all the potential hiccups that come with it.

Software would be your friend here. I believe both ThrottleStop and XTU allow you to undervolt your CPU.

Jan 23, 2020
I used XTU and I could see some throttling while playing games and the temperature is almost all the times near 92-93 and even the GPU.
What I did is use Throttlestop to undervolte the CPU with -0.125mV but even after doing this I still have the same issue.
I know that both GPU and CPU use the same heat pipes which can effect the CPU cooling as well.
So what to do exactly?