[SOLVED] ROG SWIFT PG279Q 165hz stuck at 100hz no option to change it to 144/165

alexbeast

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
So basically ive had this monitor for about 4 years now and I haven't had any issues until recently I noticed my Hz capped at 100. I fixed this issue by downloading the new Nvidia driver a week ago but its back to 100hz and there's no option to go higher i looked in every display setting there is including Nvidia control panel. If anyone could help me I would appreciate it im going to most likely delete my gpu driver and install it again but I feel like that's just a temporary fix. Maybe it could be something with overclocking to 165hz and for some reason my pc just puts it back to 100hz without the option to go higher. I noticed this after getting a new pc and playing AC Odyssey on max maybe that's it? I have no clue at this point.

rtx 3080
ryzen 5800x
850W psu
32gb 3200Mhz ram
1 tb samsung NVME SSD

Solution
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard>? Can you check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for sad motherboard? As for your OS, if you're on version 21H1, with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site, and then using DDU, uninstall all GPU drivers from your platform, then reboot, then manually reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps.

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of your PSU and it's age? Make and model of your motherboard>? Can you check and see if you have any BIOS updates pending for sad motherboard? As for your OS, if you're on version 21H1, with the latest drivers sourced from Nvidia's support site, and then using DDU, uninstall all GPU drivers from your platform, then reboot, then manually reinstall the drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps.

Solution

alexbeast

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2013
Those are all great suggestions but I literally just plugged it out of the outlet and then plugged it back i feel so embarrassed but I didn’t even think about it at first lmao.