[SOLVED] ROG X570-E Gaming VRMs very hot

Jyclop

Honorable
Aug 2, 2015
I just built a new high-end pc (Ryzen 9 3900x, etc) with the Asus ROG X570-E Gaming motherboard. I built it with an open-air case and an AIO water cooler, so there's really no airflow over the motherboard. Today I noticed that the VRM heatsinks are almost too hot to touch, and I can feel the heat pouring off of them when I put my hand above the motherboard.

Is this normal? Should I have some sort of active cooling over for the VRM heatsinks?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I just built a new high-end pc (Ryzen 9 3900x, etc) with the Asus ROG X570-E Gaming motherboard. I built it with an open-air case and an AIO water cooler, so there's really no airflow over the motherboard. Today I noticed that the VRM heatsinks are almost too hot to touch, and I can feel the heat pouring off of them when I put my hand above the motherboard.

Is this normal? Should I have some sort of active cooling over for the VRM heatsinks?

Thanks in advance!
What temperature is the VRM reporting in HWInfo64? and what was the system doing at the time you noticed the hot temperature of the VRM heatsink?

As far as being 'normal' goes, that X570-E Gaming has a fairly huge heatsink so I would expect it to remain fairly cool in...

Thanks in advance!
What temperature is the VRM reporting in HWInfo64? and what was the system doing at the time you noticed the hot temperature of the VRM heatsink?

As far as being 'normal' goes, that X570-E Gaming has a fairly huge heatsink so I would expect it to remain fairly cool in 'normal' computing activities, e.g., gaming. But it might be expected to get hot when all 12 cores are working hard at AVX workloads such as rendering videos, etc.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS