Rolling Back From Windows 10 To Your Older OS Appears Problematic

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem is in the "Upgrade". Unless you do a very clean upgrade it will have problems. I did a clean install on my system and it is working great. No issues with anything. Hell I even had drivers for Windows 8, not 8.1, working on 10.

On my HTPC I did an upgrade and it is working great but I only had two programs installed. PowerDVD for Blu-Rays and KLITE.

I just had to reinstall my wife's system, used my old Windows 8.1 key and did an upgrade. I had Office and a few apps installed and it upgraded fine.

Most people, however, have a system that has been running for a few years with multiple programs and possibly older drivers that are causing the issues.

I concur. The same thing happened when I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I had to do a clean install of Windows 7 before upgrading. Same with Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.

Turb0Yoda

Expert
Ambassador
^^
The one reason I haven't upgraded is that I need a wipe anyways. My friend tried to upgrade on a computer used mainly for programming and the update was botched so bad he lost everything. But I have done upgrades on new win 7/8.1 systems and clean installs and everything runs fine.

IE 11 is also in 10 so you can still use it if Edge doesn't fit you needs. Although Edge is fast I still use IE for some things since IE still has TPLs while Edge does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.