[SOLVED] Router Problems

Nov 15, 2019
So,

I have a router with a Fibre connection.
I want to access the IPV4 just to look at the configuration and check some stuff such as connections etc., and maybe port forward some stuff....

When I go to my IPV4, and when I enter the default password (which is also listed on the back of the router), it says the password/username is wrong. About 10 minutes ago, I tried to reset the router, so I could connect it with an ethernet cable and reconfigure it, so I did. I held the reset button, and everything worked perfectly fine. I then went to my IPV4, and used the default "admin/admin" username and password, which perfectly worked!

When I was going to go to the tab of changing the password, after being 5 seconds into the IPV4/control pannel, it just logged me out, so I re-enterred the defaults and suddenly it said it was the wrong password and username again, and all my devices connected automatically, as if the router "reset" restored... The problem is that it for some reason automatically returns back to the old settings I guess, even after resetting... How is this possible, and what do I do about it?

Even if it worked, is it hard to reconfigure everything, or will it be already connected to my ISP and would I just have to change the password etc, or also connect it to my ISP manually (which I have no clue on how to do this...)

I am just wondering, as it's usefull when you're able to access the "control panel", but seems like something is preventing me to do this.
Thank you for answering.

Solution
Configure your router while disconnected from the ISP. Make sure to disable any remote management capabilities.

It's quite possible there is remote management option available, and ISP (or some automated tool) reconfigures end devices as soon as they become online. It's also possible that your router is firmware-set to pull default confioguration once online.

You should discuss this with your ISP' support staff. And last but no least - you did not mention neither your router' make, nor your ISP.
Configure your router while disconnected from the ISP. Make sure to disable any remote management capabilities.

It's quite possible there is remote management option available, and ISP (or some automated tool) reconfigures end devices as soon as they become online. It's also possible that your router is firmware-set to pull default confioguration once online.

You should discuss this with your ISP' support staff. And last but no least - you did not mention neither your router' make, nor your ISP.

Solution
Nov 15, 2019
It's also possible that your router is firmware-set to pull default confioguration once online.

Exactly, so that's what's the case here I guess, does this mean that I am stuck, not being able to access the control pannel when being connected to my ISP? My Router is a TP-Link, the ISP is some spanish local company. I will message them now, and see what they can do.