Question Router start's working after changing wan Mac address but after a while stops working again

Jun 14, 2020
So I have this old router(Asus wl 500gp v2) and one day it stopped working(restart didn't help, DNS and everything all right). So I searched for solution and found "solution". I cloned my router mac with my pc mac and it helped, but after a few hours it stopped working again. The only solution for me right now is to change the router mac address to something random every few hours. It's very annoying. Does anybody have experience with it? Thanks in advice for your responses.

kanewolf

Titan
So I have this old router(Asus wl 500gp v2) and one day it stopped working(restart didn't help, DNS and everything all right). So I searched for solution and found "solution". I cloned my router mac with my pc mac and it helped, but after a few hours it stopped working again. The only solution for me right now is to change the router mac address to something random every few hours. It's very annoying. Does anybody have experience with it? Thanks in advice for your responses.
You need to contract your internet provider. THEY are locking out your MAC address for some reason.