Sep 29, 2020
I went to “routerlogin.com” and logged in to change my password for an unrelated reason, and I saw an option on the Netgear Genie site to update my router. this was my first time going to this site, and I noticed the “not secure” sign on my search bar, which freaked me out. Never the less, I clicked download update and was met with various signs telling me to wait for updates to be completed, and finally a blue progress bar. This really concerned me because it looked like something was downloading from an unsecure web page. I let it finish, because I had been directed to “routerlogin.com” from another search i had done previously to find out how to change my router password. my router restarted and I assumed the update process had run it’s course.

I called a computer tech company I use regularly who told me that this was normal because I was accessing a secure data base.

this seems to make sense but i was wondering if someone could confirm that I wasnt accessing some kind of spoofed website or that there wasnt any kind of malicious risk to my internet devices.

Solution
For Netgear router users, "routerlogin.com " is not a website on the Internet - it's your router's configuration settings page and it lives inside your router.

There's no need to worry because you weren't accessing an insecure webpage on the Internet.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
For Netgear router users, "routerlogin.com " is not a website on the Internet - it's your router's configuration settings page and it lives inside your router.

There's no need to worry because you weren't accessing an insecure webpage on the Internet.

Reactions: hanger644
Solution
Sep 29, 2020

and does the same go for when you type in that 10 digit number on the bottom of your modem (XXX.XXX.XXX.X or http:/XXX.XXX.XXX.X)?