Question Router's Blocking Shield's Up (grc.com)

Apr 26, 2020
Has anyone noticed various brands of routers blocking the "All Service Ports" scan function of Shield's up (grc.com)? Individual port scans (or common ports scan) on the same site pose no problem, nor do the individual or common port scans from any other site that allows you to test for open ports. If I perform this test on an android phone, it kicks the phone off of WiFi for about 10 seconds. I'm wondering if newer routers have some defensive mechanism that blocks scanning all ports. If I perform the test on a Windows PC, I do not get kicked off of WiFi, but the web page stops in its tracks. This is happening on more than one brand of router, even on separate networks.

kanewolf

Titan
Has anyone noticed various brands of routers blocking the "All Service Ports" scan function of Shield's up (grc.com)? Individual port scans (or common ports scan) on the same site pose no problem, nor do the individual or common port scans from any other site that allows you to test for open ports. If I perform this test on an android phone, it kicks the phone off of WiFi for about 10 seconds. I'm wondering if newer routers have some defensive mechanism that blocks scanning all ports. If I perform the test on a Windows PC, I do not get kicked off of WiFi, but the web page stops in its tracks. This is happening on more than one brand of router, even on separate networks.
The router log should give you some insight.

Apr 26, 2020
It's an inexpensive E2500 Linksys router. The logs are not verbose enough to flag any type of security issues. Otherwise, I'd post any relevant log data I had.