RPG by McFarlane, Salvatore Confirmed for 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assmar

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
Let's hope they can think up a better name, but aside from that I'm a little intrigued. Then again, i haven't been that interested in McFarlane work since his Where the Wild Things Are toys a few years back.

G

"While KoA:R sounds like it would be yet another crappy MMORPG, luckily gamers will be treated to a focused and carefully crafted single-player campaign."

FTFY.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
[citation][nom]GFL[/nom]"While KoA:R sounds like it would be yet another crappy MMORPG, luckily gamers will be treated to a focused and carefully crafted single-player campaign."FTFY.[/citation]

Thank god I'm not the only one who thought that.

exodite

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I'll certainly keep an eye out for this game but frankly comments such as
...a fast-paced, graphically stimulating action combat experience...
always makes me wary.

I'm personally old-school in that I prefer my RPGs turn-based and tactical.

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Did anyone else notice "roll playing" in the URL? I hope we all know the differences between roll and role ^^... unless we're talking about, you know, classic DnD style dice "rolls" here.

Azgoroth

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Be glad this isn't a MMO. If you think the Drizzt craze in other MMO's is bad, think of the levels it would reach in a game actually created by Salvatore.

decrypted

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
R.A.Salvatore is one of my all time favorite authors, and I'm really looking forward to what he can bring to the story. Alas, Drizzt may yet get a game about him, that would be awesome.

WheelsOfConfusion

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2008
[citation][nom]simple11[/nom]Mmm I miss Todd McFarlane.[/citation]
You know he's part of the creative team behind Haunt, right?
You should be able to tell anyway because the story involves shape-shifting superpowers and a guy that looks like Spiderman. McFarlane just can't seem to let go of that stuff.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Can we call it "The Elder Scrolls: Diablo" then? Though I'm sure it'll be better than a simple combination of the two with the promise of a good story...

Status
Not open for further replies.