[SOLVED] RTX 2060 8gb Gaming vs Gaming X

MIIFOO

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2013
Hello,

I just bought an RTX 2060 Super Gaming (8GB) and then I noticed that all of the reviews that I have read were for the RTX 2060 Super Gaming X (8GB).
I searched a bit and found that their difference is on the processor speed but it did not feel like a huge difference.

My question is, why all the reviews that I am finding are for the Gaming X card and is the difference significant?

Thank you for your help,
Mike

Last edited:
Solution
Are you sure there are 2? I searched the MSI website for 2060 Super Gaming and it returned 2060 Super Gaming X only.

If there are 2 I imagine MSI only sent 1 version to reviewers. If the only difference is a few MHz then you are not going to notice that in anything except benchmarks. Also the 2000 series were fairly consistent overclockers. If you overclocked both cards it’s likely they would perform near identical.
Are you sure there are 2? I searched the MSI website for 2060 Super Gaming and it returned 2060 Super Gaming X only.

If there are 2 I imagine MSI only sent 1 version to reviewers. If the only difference is a few MHz then you are not going to notice that in anything except benchmarks. Also the 2000 series were fairly consistent overclockers. If you overclocked both cards it’s likely they would perform near identical.

Solution